What happens at the Big House

Chris Wormly dominates in highschool (Exclusive video Everything Michigan and More)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

UPDATED: Five-Star DE Adolphus Washington Commits... To Ohio or Not!

Adolphus Washington
It was bound to happen. Ohio would get us back eventually for all the recruits we snatched from their state. Taft HS '12 five-star DE Adolphus Washington (#3 DE in the country, and considered by some to be the best player in Ohio yet to commit, until today) officially commits to Ohio today according to Bucknuts.
Link below:

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/BREAKING-NEWS-Washington-To-OSU-36986.

UPDATE: Or did he?

Rivals is reporting that he has not made a commitment and that a online chat is scheduled for 8pm tonight to clear the rumors up
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255944

UPDATE 2: Washington has canceled his live chat scheduled for 8 p.m. Washington said that even though Ohio is leading for his services, a decision is not imminent. Stay tuned for further updates.


UPDATE 3 at 9:30pm: This was just sent to me !! Please remember this is not an official release!!

"My son is committing to Ohio State," the elder Washington said. "I'm assuming he's going to tell them tonight.

"Adolphus called me this morning and asked me what I think about him committing. I said that was fine, I just needed to know who. He said, ‘Ohio State.’ We have a coach at Taft who has been the in-between guy because we couldn't talk to the coaches. He called me and got me on the phone with Coach (John) Peterson and Coach (Luke) Fickell and they were on speaker phone together and I told them he was ready to commit. He told me to have him call tonight or tomorrow and they'll get it done."


Washington is being recruited heavily by Michigan, Michigan State, Alabama and many others. But, having home advantage may prove too much for the Wolverines, as it's possible they may have lost out on this stud recruit.

As this may sting for a little bit if this is true, we still have an impressive class coming in 2012 regardless of this commitment rumor being true or not.

Stay tuned for further updates regarding Washington's commitment status.